Monday, September 17, 2012

My Addiction to Midnight Snacking

CEREAL.

What is it about cereal that is so addicting? And I'm not talking about the kind of cereal that has six cups of chocolate per bite and one-thousand milligrams of sugar a bowl (y'know, the good stuff). I'm talking about the really boring healthy kind of cereal that usually has no flavor and does nothing but make loud crunchy noises when you chew.


Whatever companies produce these kind of bland, flavorless, cereals should consider one or both of the following:

1. Stop including crack as part of the recipe.
2. Stop luring me in with your colorful boxes and "eat me it's good for you" labels.


Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on healthy, tasteless, cereals, I'm just wondering why I always have the random urge to eat a bowl of it at 1 a.m.


This is me every night.

And there's no getting away from it either. Every single time I think "wow I'm tired, I'm going to bed", my stomach decides that sleep is overrated and that eating half a pound of cereal is a much better idea. And some nights I'll admit, I want a bowl of cereal. But most of the time I just eat it just so I can escape the clutches of the addicting cereal beast for the night... otherwise I'm stuck awake thinking of the cereal I refused to eat.


Then the disease spreads... You can't help but ask one of your friends or family members if they want to eat a 1 a.m. bowl of cereal with you. It's almost as if the cereal box is mind-controlling you into persuading others into ingesting its magnificently bland contents.


Finally, you are finished with your cereal, and the ravaging "eat everything" feeling escapes you... until tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment